Scottish Communities CAN’s first national gathering and AGM is on 6th March in Glasgow (10am til 4pm, at Maryhill Burgh Halls
) and the programme is really exciting….
Delegates can come to 2 workshops from these great options:
– Space to Grow (with Greenspace Scotland)
– The Seed Kist – Scotland’s hidden treasure and how to recover it (with the Fife Diet’s Seed Truck – and some fab free seeds!)
– The Comrie Development Trust Experience – developing assets and generating revenue for long term community well being
– Working with Energy Saving Trust / Energy Saving Scotland advice centres: what makes for successful collaboration? (with EST)
– Local authorities: supportive partner, or barrier to success? How to build a good relationship with your local authority and achieve more for your project
– What is The Green Deal? and how can communities benefit?
– Community Hubs – what are they, might they work, and if so where?
To sign up simply register using the button below. There’s no need to be a Scottish Communities CAN member (but of course we’d love you to join).
Keynote speaker – Alf Young. Alf writes, broadcasts and comments on a range of issues affecting Scotland and the wider world. He retired in 2009 from The Herald, the leading Scottish broadsheet newspaper, where he was responsible for comment and opinion. He currently writes for the online Scottish Review and is a regular contributor to BBC current affairs programmes. His recent book which he has cowritten with his son Ewan is The New Road: charting Scotland’s inspirational communities.
Plus interactive networking and sharing sessions….and a delicious organic lunch!