Member/Board support role with Scottish Communities Climate Action Network
Scottish Communities CAN is looking for a part-time self-employed worker to support our organisation and membership over the coming year.
The post is funded for up to one day per week (max. 40 days, approximately 280 hours) until the end of March 2017 at a day rate of £150.
Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 3rd June
Interviews: Tuesday 14th June
Should you have any questions about the role, get in touch with SCCAN steering group member Eva Schonveld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job is to support the routine operations core to the function of Scottish Communities CAN which are:
• Production of relevant, attractive and user friendly monthly e-newsletters
• Keeping our membership, website and social media administration up to date
• Administrative support to the volunteer trustees, including booking rooms for board meetings, sending out agendas and processing expense claims
• Responding promptly and welcomingly to member requests for information and support via email
• Working with board members to engage with communities to find out about support needs and project developments
• Writing case studies and blogs highlighting stories, experiences and innovations of active communities.
We are looking for a friendly, organised person with experience of working with the public, who can work effectively with minimal management and who understands and supports the aims of Scottish Communities CAN.
E= Essential criteria
D= Desirable criteria
(E) Experience of putting together interesting, accessible e-newsletters
(E) Experience of maintaining websites and member records
(E) Experience of written communication with volunteers/community project staff
(E) Experience of writing concise, informative articles for blogs
(D) Experience of organising meetings and dealing with expense claims
(E) Proven ability to work with minimal management
(E) Direct experience with and understanding of community groups working on climate change/resilience-building projects
(D) Ability to attend regular meetings in Central Belt (approx. 6 meetings)
(D) Participation in SCCAN member organisation (access SCCAN membership list here)
Send a copy a of your CV and a brief Cover Letter clarifying your suitability for the role to Eva Schonveld at email@example.com no later than Friday, 3rd June.