Scottish Government has announced the start of a procurement process, initially issuing a ‘Request for Information’ notice to stakeholders with an interest in community climate action. This seeks feedback and comments by 17 July on setting up a network of hubs to support community climate action.
The intention is that these hubs will:
- empower communities to develop local solutions to making the transition to net zero and climate resilient living;
- encourage community groups to collaborate at regional level and to work in partnership with other key local stakeholders;
- allow an approach to be developed within each region that reflects local circumstances and priorities;
- have national coverage and seek broad community engagement;
- facilitate shared learning between different hubs/areas and the provision of technical advice – for example, on community energy or re-use initiatives