Local Energy Scotland would like to remind you of the two DECC workshops on the Feed-in Tariff Review in Edinburgh, one of which will be focused on community groups, taking place on 13th October:
Workshop 1) The FiT Review workshop: 09:30 – 12:00.
Workshop 2) Community Group specific workshop: 13:00 – 15:30
Both workshops will be held at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Centre, 16 Mary’s Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1SU. The second workshop is specifically for communities and those who work with communities. See below for contact details depending on which workshop you would like to attend.
You may attend one event or the other, but not both.
DECC will present their consultation proposals and provide an opportunity for attendees to ask questions and discuss with officials and other stakeholders. Please note that, as with most Government consultations, the event is not a substitute for responding formally to the consultation.
Workshop 1 – If you would like to attend the general FiT consultation workshop between 9.30 and 12:00 on the 13th October, please email FiTReview.Events@decc.gsi.gov.uk as soon as possible.
Workshop 2 – If you would like to attend the Community workshop between 13:00 and 15:30 on the 13th October, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play Friday 9th October.
Places are limited to one individual per organisation.
Local Energy Scotland
Local Energy Scotland | Energy Saving Trust | Ocean Point 1 | 94 Ocean Drive | Edinburgh | EH6 6JH
If you can’t make it to a workshop, there are plenty of other ways to feed into the consultation:
- Community Energy Scotland are collating evidence from their membership to demonstrate the impact of FiT projects in communities. It will be important to support this and feed evidence in.
- For non-Community Energy Scotland members, Community Energy England are appealing for evidence and you can feed into their online survey.
- There are a number or campaigns and petitions, so get involved – sign these petitions:
- DECC solar FiT review – https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106791
- respond to the consultation through 10:10’s #keepfits campaign
- Friends of the Earth are running a #saveoursolar campaign