Emilia Hanna, ERCS Advocacy Officer, on how environmental rights could help further Climate Justice 6pm 20 April SCCAN Tuesdays for Future.
The Environmental Rights Centre Scotland (ERCS) was set up last January by Scottish Environment LINK, the 40 organisation-strong, citizen-led environmental forum with combined membership of 500,000+.
Hear how ERCS works to help us exercise our rights in environmental law AND improve the legal system.
Join Emilia Hanna at 6.00pm – 7.30pm Tuesday 20 April! Book: https://ercs20apr.eventbrite.co.uk Share
Emilia will give an update on plans for a new Scottish Human Rights Act which will include a human right to a healthy environment. Together we will discuss how to use this to further Climate Justice.
- 6.00pm Welcome
- 6.05pm Introductions: challenges / questions for the session
- 6.10pm Emilia Hanna on ERCS role in furthering environmental rights
- 6.30pm Small group discussion: human rights and climate justice
- 7.00pm Sharing the main points and priorities emerging
- 7.15pm Response from keynote Listener
- 7.25pm Next steps for participants and Wrap up by 7.30pm
The event will be interactive – on the Zoom platform with live captions for each speaker. Emilia’s contributions will be recorded and available afterwards on the our website.
A SCCAN Tuesdays for Future event with ERCS.