Date(s) - 29/11/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Augustine United Church Edinburgh
Friday 29 November, 9.30am – 4.30pm at Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL.
Community Energy Scotland, Scottish Communities Climate Action Network, Development Trusts Association Scotland and Scottish Community Alliance join together for this conference.
We warmly invite you to participate in a hands-on strategic session making the case for greater engagement of community-led bodies in co-creating activity to tackle the Climate Emergency.
We are very keen that money should not be a barrier to participation. Fees are on a sliding scale:
– Members of host networks: CES, SCCAN, SCA and DTAS – £20
– Non-member organisations / individuals £30
– Concessions £10
Please scroll down when selecting ticket type! Limited free places for those volunteering to help with registration, serving food, tidying up, etc. Please email saying what you can offer.
9.30am Registration and Refreshments
10.00am The Climate Emergency: a youth climate striker sets the scene
Climate Policy in 2019:
– An overview / how this relates to communities by Tom Ballantine,
Chair of Stop Climate Chaos Scotland
– What evolving policy means for communities by Nicholas Gubbins, CEO of Community Energy Scotland
11.20am Responding to the Climate Emergency:
What needs done? What can communities contribute?
with Andy Wightman MSP for Lothians
11.50am The Community Declaration on the Climate Emergency – a call for support
12.30pm Lunch with discussion tables and stalls
1.30pm Community Energy Futures -table discussions
2.20pm What needs to change?
Intros from workshop presenters then Workshops:
• Mobilising Community Action (DTAS)
• Influencing Local Decisions (SCCAN)
• Scaling up Community Energy (CES)
• Building Local Energy Economies (CES)
• Culture for Sustainability (SCCAN)
3.40pm Ideas for Change emerging from Workshops
4.00pm Final Panel Session -including Tiffany Kane from Commonweal -A New Green Deal for Scotland
4.25pm – What now? with Close at 4.30pm