Transition Black Isle & Pebble Trust have initiated an innovative Food Conversation. Join in and see what could work elsewhere: all welcome
Martin Sherring, Transition Black Isle / the Pebble Trust shares experiences of the Highland Good Food Conference – run over 5 Mondays in January / February.
What works for new audiences exploring how community led local initiatives rekindle a sense of agency?
7.30pm – 9.00pm Tuesday 22 June – all welcome!
Listen to the podcast HERE or see the initiatives:
- Develop a producer owned retail co-operative.
- Develop a Highland-wide online market / food hub.
- Work towards a world class restaurant sector.
- Develop a lobbying policy group so the Highland voice is heard.
- Work for every school growing, cooking & eating their own food.
- Develop a Highland wide community food growing network.
- Work to big up small farms in the Highlands.
- Develop a Highland Circular Food Economy / Zero Waste.
- Explore marketing and promoting local Highland Food as a brand.
- Creating a thriving ‘glasshouse’ sector in the Highlands.
- Seed sovereignty in the Highlands.
- 7.30pm Welcome
- 7.40pm Martin Sherring on the Highland Good Food Conference
- 7.55pm Q&A
- 8.05pm Breakout to explore ideas for replication
- 8.35pm Sharing the ideas emerging
- 8.55pm Thanks and Close for 9.00pm
A Tuesdays for Future skill-sharing workshop
Scottish Communities CAN www.scottishcommunitiescan.org.uk/
Highland Good Food Partnership https://highlandgoodfood.scot/