if you were at the CARES conference in Stirling on 17-18 March, you’ll have received this email from Local Energy Scotland. If you missed it, have a look:
CARES Conference 2015: Energising Scotland’s Communities
The team at Local Energy Scotland want to thank you for your attendance at CARES 2015. We hope you enjoyed the event, made new connections, and felt inspired and energised!
We have made presentations from the day available via www.localenergyscotland.org/conference and would like to remind you of the key announcements from the event:
- The Local Energy Challenge Fund winners were announced with £21m of funding to take projects forward.
- A second round of the Local Energy Challenge Fund has been launched with Phase 1 Development and Feasibility Applications due to be submitted on the 25th May. See www.localenergyscotland.org/challenge for more information
- Funding of £10m will be available to support investment in Shared Ownership projects through the Local Energy Investment Fund (LEIF). LEIF will make early investment in energy projects on behalf of communities, who will then have time and support to consider buying in. Find out more by contacting the team at the Scottish Investment Bank 0845 607 8787.
- A Draft Good Practice Principles for Shared Ownership of Onshore Renewable Energy Developments document was launched for public consultation. Responses are due by 9th June and the document can be found at http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/03/2956
- The CARES Partnership Portal is live and allows communities or developers to publically post information regarding possible shared ownership opportunities.
- Information about Scottish Government support through CARES is available via www.localenergyscotland.org
We look forward to continuing to work with you. If you have any queries or feedback regarding the event, or would like to start to working with us on a community energy project, please get in touch on 0808 808 2288.
Local Energy Scotland
0808 808 2288 | Reception 0131 555 7900
The Local Energy Challenge Fund is now OPEN for new phase one applications. Find out more at www.localenergyscotland.org/challenge
Keep up to date with Local Energy Scotland, sign up to our newsletter here.