Just Enterprise : Business Development Workshops : Introduction to Web Design : Edinburgh
Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
Cost Free of charge for members/staff of third sector organisations
This foundation-level course is designed to introduce web design at a high level. Non-technical, we take you through the basics and highlight the “must haves” together with the pitfalls to avoid.
Who should Attend? This half day workshop is aimed at non-technical people who have an influence over their organisation’s website content and/or update it as part of their daily duties. It will be of particular interest to those who are considering or about to embark upon a website re-design. The course does not cover technical issues such as cascading style sheets, forms or authorising tools.
Key Learning Delivered in a friendly, non-technical and informal style, the workshop explores the following key areas:
- What are the aims of a website?
- What people see when they visit
- What makes a good web design?
- Why use search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to find keywords people search on
- What is content marketing and why do you need it?
- Wireframes – Free tools to assist in design
- How to run a usability study
- How to measure the performance of your website
How to Book Click here to complete the on-line registration form. Places are limited and are offered on a first come, first served basis so please book early to guarantee your place.
Just Enterprise is a Scottish Government funded programme specifically designed to assist the growth of Scotland’s third sector. Visit www.justenterprise.org or telephone 0141 425 2939 for details of the full range of support available.
Follow @justenterprise for all the latest programme and event news