Scottish Communities CAN seeks a part-time self-employed person to assist with the administration, communication and promotion of our 100+ members network and support the steering group. We seek someone who:
- enjoys working independently
- has experience of newsletter preparation [Mailchimp etc]
- is not fazed by modest member databases
- can cope recording simple financial transactions and
- “gets” the community-led imperative to act on climate disruption.
The post is funded for eight hours a week till the end of March 2019 at a day rate of £150.
Please apply by Noon Thursday September 27th 2018 using this form
We plan to hold interviews on Thursday October 11th [online or in Edinburgh].
If you want to have an informal chat about the role, you can get in touch with Maria, current admin support, on firstname.lastname@example.org or SCCAN steering group member David Somervell on David.Somervell@ed.ac.uk
Reflections from Maria, current SCCAN administrator
“I stepped into this role in July 2016, and have since counted myself very lucky that I can earn my livelihood doing something that is aligned with my values – getting paid for doing what I believe in and have previously ended up doing in my free time. I have very much enjoyed getting to know people and organisations in Scottish and international climate action, and through these contacts opportunities have now arisen for me to focus more on sustainability education and leadership. I sincerely recommend this job for any self-organised and independent person wanting to work with local action for global change.”
JOB DESCRIPTION for SCCAN Administrator
Part time – 8 hours / week, currently funded to 31 March 2019 @ £150 day rate
The purpose is to support routine admin of Scottish Communities Climate Action Network.
- Production of attractive, relevant and user-friendly monthly e-newsletters
- Keeping our membership, website and social media administration up to date
- Overseeing and mentoring possible communications volunteers
- Supporting the volunteer Steering Group, working with the Convener to coordinate agendas and meeting minutes, and assisting in organisational development
- Financial admin, including processing invoices, and grant and expense claims
- Responding promptly and welcomingly to member and network requests via email
- Compiling / editing case studies and blogs highlighting stories, experiences and innovations of active communities.
We are exploring Sociocracy / Dynamic Governance to help us develop our networking. Monthly steering group meetings take place in Edinburgh and online using Zoom.
Apply by filling in this form and sending it to email@example.com